Thursday, December 15, 2005

December Birthdays!

I'm a December baby, which makes me a Saggitarius, a pretty cool sign if I do say so myself.
I was lamenting the otherday with a fellow Sagg regarding our birthdays being in December, so close to the birth of Jesus Christ (even though theologians debate the actual date of his birth). As a result we have in the past gotten the shaft. Now as an adult I have been able to overlook the following, and now it actually makes me laugh, but as a youngster it wasn't fun. So I felt it was my duty to inform those of you who might have youngsters or young family members born in December here are some things not to do:

1. Do not give a combo birthday card/Christmas cards, there is enough attention on Christmas and we children of the cold month 'D' need not be reminded of the fact that Jesus' birthday is more important than ours.

2. Giving a combo birthday/Christmas gift is lame. I don't care if you spend more than you would on just one present, better to give 2 distinct gifts than one and say: "This is your birthday AND Christmas gift", it would be great to say that to someone who celebrates a July birthday, "yeah this for Christmas too."

3. Wrapping birthday gifts in Christmas paper is just plain laziness and you don't really give a rats ass about the kids birthday. FACT: A kid likes to open Christmas presents, and a kid likes to open birthday presents. Kids see other kids opening birthday presents all througout the year, and the entire time all they think about is one day this year I'm gonna be opening birthday presents too. Now you can tell a kid its his birthday gift, but if it's wrapped in Christmas paper you and the kid both know, it's a fucken Christmas gift.

4. Giving a kid any sort of Christmas paraphanelia as a present for their birthday is perhaps the stupidest thing you can do. Anything that is Christmas related, meaning anything with a Santa Clause on it, anything red and green that say Noel, anything that has some sort of corelation with Christmas, is shitty to give for someone's birthday. Since Christmas is around the corner save it for then.


I'd like to hear from people whose birthdays center around other holidays, and what they usually get for birthday presents. IS there anyone esle who gets the shaft on the birthday like a child of December?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, my mother is born on Dec 30th and so she always USED to get the shaft, but since my sisters and I hit adulthood, we've taken good care of her, realizing that we wouldn't be here without her. My birthday is really really close to a bunch of tv and movie stars, like Carlos Diaz. . .so sometimes it sucks.

11:23 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My birthday is February 9th and I'm always having to share my birthday with black people; on account of Black History Month. Don't get me wrong, I love black people. I think they're super groovy. All I'm saying is, if i get another gift wrapped up in Martin Luther King Jr. wrapping paper, I'm not gonna be a happy camper.

2:49 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My aunt likes to tell the story of the year she got a shoe for christmas and the other shoe for her b-day the next day. Apparently her mom thought it was funny but she absolutely did not.

(and also I you spelled santa claus wrong)

10:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Search Popdex: