Saturday, May 14, 2005

Soldier of Peace

OK...You know what drives me up the friggin wall. How anyone who believes in peace, end to war, helping the downtrotten...is viewed by much of the mainstream as weak little hippies who hold signs up and have sit-ins and get arrested by police at demonstrations.

I consider myself a PEACEMAKER, and ENVIRONMENTALIST although at times, I shout in traffic, I buy products with too much packaging, I get frustrated and angry in queues. I'm not what one would view as the quintessential Peacemaker or Environmentalist. But I do try to make peace a part of my life and the world I live in.

Having said that I'm not a wimp, nor do I plan to be viewed as such so when I'm out and about, I will try to spread PEACE as best as I can. As most soilders don't feel they have to justify why they are soldiers (and don't get me wrong I have the upmost respect for those ethical individuals who dedicate their lives to protecting their respective nations, but here I digress).

I've decided to make myself A Soldier of Peace! What does that mean? Well I have a loud mouth, I'm not scared to make a fuss, if I see a situation that calls for peace, I'm going to use my brashness to make sure everyone around me knows that it's time to bring peace to that particular sitation no matter how small and insignificant it may seem. I will not allow others to make me feel embarrassed or uncomforatble about my convictions of Peace and end to war. I encourage more people to be Soldiers of Peace!

PS: my personal slogan is: I'm A Soldier of Peace, Don't Fuck with me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there Soldier,

I agree with you 1000%. I remember protesting at the G8 summit in Canada a few years back and being interviewed by some highschool kids doing a project, and all they could say was "but you seem so normal".

I ain't a hippy, but I fight for what I'm passionate about.

THX,

Mike~

Check it out, and add your two bits!:

http://dialogicx.blogspot.com/

11:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Search Popdex: