Monday, May 31, 2004

Stirring Up Shit - Just before the Election!

Ok so as the title would suggest, I've been stirring up shit !
I figure June is going to be a month that is all about politics and voting, so I best start stirring up a little shit with politicians.

As those of you who have read my blog are aware, I am very against the Health Premium the Ontario government wants to oppose to its citizens. I have friends in BC and they tell me its a big mess. So I am doing what I can to at the very least. let my views knows

You see this is a major issue that isn't sitting well for the Ontario Liberals. So I've decided to email (thanks to a web site <Julia introduced me to) all the Liberal MP's in Ontario.

I figure these guys want to be re-elected so they should know how I feel about them and the Liberal party.

This is the standard letter I have been emailing to all of them, (with the exception of those who represent the area where I own property or live, I tailored it with more specifics for them). This is what I wrote:


Dear So-and-So:

As a Liberal member I think it is imperative that you are aware that as a taxpayer of Ontario, I am against the Health Premiums and de-listing of medical services proposed by the McGuinty Liberal government. You should be aware that I am a staunch Liberal, I have always voted for that party. I can assure you should this go through; and as Ontarians we have to pay a health premium and have health services de-listed; I will never vote for you and I will not vote for the Liberal party. I will sincerely do everything I can to sway my friends and family to vote against you and the Liberal party.

Concerned citizen of Ontario,

(my name and address here)

The letter is entirely accurate. I have to do it in stages because there are just under 100 Ontario Liberal MP's. But it's funny because I've been getting responses from them, most just want my mailing address, initially I forgot to include it. But one MP, Hon. John Godfrey, Constituency: Don Valley West, personally emailed me back. I do appreciate that he would take time to do so and I respect him for that.
This is what he wrote:
Dear Mr. Timpano,
Thank you for your note. The Ontario government brought down its first budget in which they were forced to renege on a number of their campaign promises from earlier this year due to a crippling deficit left behind by the previous Tory government. Faced with a very difficult set of circumstances, the new Ontario government has made a new set of choices and laid them transparently before Ontarians to be judged. In understand your disappointment but that is the challenge of governing.
John Godfrey


Of course I wrote back. Here is what I said:
Mr. Godfrey,
That is not the challenge of governing. The Challenge of Governing, is sticking to promises you made to get elected. The challenges of governing is not LYING to the trusting people of this province. The Challenge of Governing is not blaming those who came before you, but doing a better job. The Challenge of Governing is listening to what your people want and DO NOT want. We do NOT want our Health Care messed with!!
I don't know what it will take for the LIBERAL party of ONTARIO to understand that.

You and your party leave me no other choice then to vote for an alternative party. It saddens me, as I was such a strong supporter of the Liberals. I certainly hope the results of this upcoming election will demonstrate to you and Mr. McGuinty the errors of your way.
Marco Timpano


So I know it might not change things, I'm not CRAZY, enough to think that just my emails would cause the Imperial nerd Dalton McGuinty to back track on this whole Health Care Premiums. But I feel a sense of Political and Canadian satisfaction knowing I am letting my opinion be heard!

Do you want to STIR SOME SHIT UP?
It's really kinda simple.
1. Draft an email, or you can even copy mine and just add your name to it, although I would suggest if you are not a staunch Liberal you omit that part. Send one email to your MP, that I think is very important.

2. Copy the email Paste it to another email and send it to the next Ontario MP on the list. PLEASE NOTE: you want to send it only to MP's in ONTARIO, so you have to scroll down a bit to find them. There are a lot of MP's so it may take some time. I like to do this when I'm procrastinating from important work and calls I should be making. Or while watching TV.

3. Email them off, and sit back and wait for the Shit to start Stirring!
Where do I get this info on the MP's of Ontario?
Easy!
<click here for MP's info
Have Fun!



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, John Godfrey happens to be MY MP! And although I can't stand the party he stands for (and not JUST for the health care conundrum), I'd just like to say that he's been an awesome MP. One of the Best Parts of his MPing is that he always PERSONALLY answers my letters/email. It's too bad, really, that he's not running independently -- because I'd certainly vote for him if he were.

CleverGirl

3:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Search Popdex: