Friday, July 23, 2004

Our indifference makes us great!!

So I was asked about the legality of pot in Canada from an American who keeps up with my blog.
Marijuana at the present time is not legal in Canada, nor do I believe it should ever be legal. I have been to Amsterdam and if you are not high it's not the great city that many people who like to partake in pot claim it to be.
However, I do agree with decriminilizing possession. And our Prime Minister Paul Martin, will try in October to revive legislation to reduce penalties for simple possession of marijuana. Basically anyone caught with up to 15 grams of pot would face a ticket, not criminal charges. Fines from $100 to $400.
And this legislation would include tougher penalties for those running marijuana grow operations.
And I hope this legilation goes through.
That brings me to my title Our indifference makes us great!!
I honestly believe that it is this indifference that makes Canada great.
The gay marriage allowed in certain provinces in Canada, its really gone through because the majority of people don't give a rats ass if people want to get married; gay, straight, whatever.
Ask a Canadian if they would be upset if someone burnt the flag, most likely say: "just don't get ashes on me or my property and you can do whatever the fuck you want."
A woman can go topless in Toronto (and Ontario) and you won't get fined. Basically you wanna show your tits, hey that's your right, at the end of the day as long as your tit does not get in our way, we just don't care.
So that's it in a nutshell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Search Popdex: