Wednesday, August 25, 2004

COCK-SLAP of the Month! -August

We have a surprise winner this month, The COCK-SLAP of the Month is Rona Maynard our first woman to win this title. Rona in case you don't know is the editor of Chatelaine Magazine and her wrinkled smiling puss is on the inside cover.

I have come to know that a big fan of the magazine, recognized the aged Rona in a restaurant. When this fan went up to Rona to tell her what a great magazine it is and how much this person enjoys it. Rona became a COCK-SLAP! Rona responded by dismissing the person who has a subscription to Chatelaine.

Way to go Rona!! alienate your readers, by acting like a bitch when they complement you and your magazine. Now I would imagine an editor of a magazine would be a little more, what's the word; yeah savvy and less ignorant to fans of her publication. After all these are the people who fork over the cash to buy the mag, and thus get advertisers interested in paying for space and thus --Rona pay attention-- thats how you get your paycheck.

Anyone who has any job is in the public eye has the --Rona pay attention-- responsibility to be gracious when the public complements you or your company. It doesn't matter if you are an actor, a singer, an athlete, a politician or a fucken editor of a magazine. If you don't like attention get out of that profession!

For being a bitch to your fans Rona Maynard you are the Cock-Slap for August Congratulations!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting! I've never been a Cock Slap before and will be telling this story to my grandchildren. It happened at Wish, right? You're absolutely right: people in the public eye do their jobs to their fans. I remember the incident and how touched I was (the exchange also made a big impression on two people who were with me). I thanked your friend for her compliment. If there's been a misunderstanding, I'd be delighted to talk with your friend if she'd care to call me at the office; I'm very easy to find. The magazine is obviously very important to her, which is a great honour. Pass the word along and bring a smile to my aged, wrinkled puss! All the best, Rona.

9:33 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know this is a hella old post, but seriously--the writing is terrible. No offense, but your sentences are horribly punctuated. There are periods where there should be commas, and there are commas where there shouldn't be any punctuation at all. Oh, and "Fucken" should be spelled "Fuckin'." Are you fuckin' kidding me with this?

4:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Search Popdex: