Monday, May 16, 2005

Soldiering it up!

OK so my last post was about being a Soldier of Peace.

I thought I'd report in with what I've done since I decided to make myself a soldier of Peace. Once again, it's not about how profound the incedent.

THE ELEVATOR
So I'm gettin on an elevator with some friends, and there is about 5 people already on the elevator 3 of us get on and while the elevator is at a comfortable capcity it is by no means was it full. A friend then approaches the elevator looks inside and polietly asks: "Is there room?" To which my friends and I all were thinking yeah there's room. When all of a sudden this lady on the elevator, shoos my friend with her hand saying: "No no!" Since this lady who I will call "the shoo-er" was right beside me and her hand was in my face as she was shoo-ing my friend. I firmly said: "Stop that, there is no need for that." I then reached out of the elevator and pulled my friend in. We then spend a very quiet minute going to the ninth floor.

THE TRUCK
I was returning a book, when I noticed that a security truck was parked across a row of parking spot closest to the stores, not only was he blocking these spots which angered me because I had to park further than I would have liked, but I noticed the handicapped spot was blocked as well. As I walked by the truck I noticed the driver was a big burly type (picture the guy Sylvester Stallone armwrestles in that movie "Over the top"). I think to myself 'do I say something?' So in as firm but not threatening a voice I say: "what if someone needs the handicapped spot?". I'd like to mention I was also judging if I could make it in the store by the time he stepped out of the car. He responded with "I'd move". So I walked away not satisfied but glad that I was not hurt and at the very least he knew I was displeased with the fact he was unkinldy blocking at least 6 choice spots. When I exited the store, he had moved his truck into a spot. I noticed, but continued to walk to my car, the then honked his horn I looked at him in his truck and he mothed the words "See." and I thought well he did do what I said, so I gave him the thumbs up and moved the words: "thank you",

Did I change the world? Nope.
Did I stand up for what I believe. Yes.
Did I do so in what I thought was for Peace and goodwill? Yes.
Did I feel the need to lay the street with daisies and sing Kombaya? Nope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Search Popdex: