Friday, March 17, 2006

Book Challenge

O.K so recently I've been challenged to read the books on Oprah Winfrey's book club and review them. I have to admit, I have only read one of the books on her list of books she has done on her show. I wouldn't say that I am an avid reader but I do enjoy reading. I also read books on tape and CD, and I know that for some of you "readers" that defeats the purpose of reading a book. I find I can get through many more books and find the experience often more pleasurable; and would recommend everyone give it a shot. So I will in reverse order try to read the Oprah Winfrey Book list. The Challenge has begun. First book to be reviewed will be: Night by Elie Wiesel

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think for the sake of clarification, you 'listen' to books on tape, you can't 'read' books on tape. It is impossible.

In the spirit of that bitch slap, here is another....I recommend reading 'The Corrections'. Oprah put this on her book list but then took it off her book list when author Jonathan Frazen said he couldn't give two fucks if he was on Oprah's book club. Booya.

It is also a hilarious book. Even if it is read to you by your car stereo.

4:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your reading the books in reverse order, does that mean you have to start over again every time she picks a new book. Skip all that bullshit and read "The Grapes of Wrath" by John Steinbeck. And I don't know how good the novel is, but the film "The House of Sand and Fog" is worth seeing just for Ben Kingsley. And Jennifer Connelly gets naked. Thank you, Oprah.

12:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Search Popdex: