Friday, March 31, 2006

A Million Little Pieces by James Frey


Book review.

So this book is very good. Despite all the stuff you may have heard surrounding it, that he exaggerated parts. It took me a couple of chapters to get into it, but I really like it. It is a quick and often time intense read, and it seems to cut through a lot of bullshit. The very end really blew my mind, basically as it sums up what happends to all the people he meets in rehab.

So I would rate this book Good!

MY RATING SYSTEM:

1. Holy Fuck! Read the book it will change your life.
2. Good! means read the book it's good.
3. O.K! means it didn't do much for me, but was good enough if you have nothing else to read.
4. Just Blah! Did nothing for me.
5. SHIT! Waste of time, money and effort; the author should stop writing and eat a pile of shit.

Next review will be for Light in August
by William Faulkner

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's been so much hype about this book. I don't have time to read it, due to writing my diss atm, but I'll put it on the 'to do' list. It seems to be too much hyped for me. If you want to read about the trade, rather than the addiction, an interesting follow-up for you might be Mr. Nice by Howard Marks.

xo Clevergirl

12:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Search Popdex: