Monday, May 31, 2004

Stirring Up Shit part 2- This just in!

You might want to read the posting below:< "Stirring Shit Up - Just before the Election!" So that you are abreast of what I write in this posting.

This Stirring Shit Up, is proving to be kinda fun. It seems as though some of these MP's are emailing me back. As you know I received a response from MP, Hon. John Godfrey, Constituency: Don Valley West. And you can read my response to his letter in the previous Blog posting. Well Mr. Godfrey to his credit responded to my response.

This is what the Hon. John Godfrey had to say in response:

Dear Mr Timpano,

Mr. McGuinty is the leader of the Ontario Liberals. I am running in the federal election with Prime Minister Martin. In his nine years as Finance Minister, Paul Martin did what he said he would do: he eliminated the deficit, he saved the Canada Pension Plan. To repeat, I am not running for the Ontario Liberal Party.
Regards,

John Godfrey


Once again, I am not a complete asshole, I respect and appreciate his response. I disagree with much of it, but his response seems to demonstrate to me at the very least this guy cares what people think of him.

It is only fair that I share my response to this letter with you. Once again, I know that what I write; like what Mr. Godfrey writes will not be agreed with by all youse who read this. But you too have the chance to comment on my site to my letter.

I wrote the following in response to his email:

Mr. Godfrey.

As a Liberal, and a MP in Ontario, you should know that whatever Mr. McGuinty does reflects the Liberal Party, the Prime Minister and yourself as an MP in the Liberal caucus. The sentiment felt by Ontarians is not going to reflect solely how they vote provincially, it will reflect how they vote federally. So I would suggest that perhaps you and Prime Minister Martin let your voice be heard to Mr. McGuinty on how YOUR constituents feel regarding the issue of Health Premiums.

I applaud the Prime Minister for doing what a politician is suppose to do. But Mr. Godfrey, let me assure you a lot more can be done for the Nation and the Province. I am moved to let all the Liberals in power; the federal, provincial and local Liberals know that this issue of Health Premiums does not sit will with myself, my family and my friends. I realize that perhaps the only way many Liberals in office will realize this is through a Vote. This I feel is a shame, and has me very disheartened with regards to the party of which I was loyal.

I appreciate your views, and your response to my emails. I hope you can appreciate mine. But I strongly believe the liberals in Ontario regardless of whether they run federally, for the province or locally will be in for a rude awakening. Look at your polls, and better yet you should hear what we are saying around the watercooler, at the bars, and on line.
Respectfully,

Marco Timpano


Once again I urge you to contact your MP and let them know what you think about issues like the Ontario Health Premium. Of course it is also important to let your MPP know how you feel about this issue since it is a provincial issue but I think ultimately it reflects all voters, Ontarians and ultimately Canadians.
So along with letting all the Liberal MP's know how I feel about this issue. I've also sent my original letter in the previous "Stirring Up Shit" posting, to all the Liberal MPP's for Ontario.

How can I do that too?
Follow steps 1-3 in the previous posting >"Stirring Shit Up - Just before the Election!"

<Click here for MPP's info.Have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Search Popdex: