Saturday, September 04, 2004

Opening night

OK so Thursday was Rob and Leslie's opening night, Technically it was a mess, during their tech run a stage hand smashed their Elvis bust into a million pieces and because the theatre didnt have their mics ready an hour of their tech was wasted whilst peope scrambled to find mics. The are in the Source space a cool theatre...wait till i tell what theatre im in (the shit-hole), ok so they didnt get to run their piece, opening night they had a good crowd, and the lights were just off, the house lights came on three times during their dance number. But as those of you who know Rob and Leslie, their talent on stage masked any tech problems, they gave a solid show. Both of them were understandably upset after the show. So we went to The Lowerdeck and drank beer and beer and more beer and sang East Coast songs, I was amazing, "eiz the by that build the boat" after the first cohrus its easy to pick up the song, I had a drunken blast. Woke up with a hangover not pretty....

That brings us to Friday...So my friend Natashia and her friend Tamara came to town so we had brunch with them at Cora's it was delish. I went back to my hotel to work on my show. My opening at 6pm and I'm still writing material you know Vito is very contemporary current issues are very important to him...but i digress.
SIDE NOTE: I'm in the Imperial Room at The Neptune, it seats 30 comfortably and with 60 seats the audience is literally pressed against my nuts. It is some rancid dance space they converted into a make-shift theatre, it looks like a Sarajevo Closet. So Leslie was my guest on opening night, I was nervous, my space was pretty much at capacity Rob said there were 4 seats left empty, but the row of seats that press against my balls were not set up so it wasnt sold out but it was full and I had a lot of seniors at my show...yup I think when they see the title "Ladies and Gentlemen...Vito Cazzolungo" they think its like a frank sinatra lounge thing. Paolo let Tom know that my posters are a big hit and can you fucken believe it, it is attracting people to my show. more to come....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Search Popdex: