Thursday, May 19, 2005

Furthermore on Stronach

I like many Canadian's am happy the government was not defeated. I'm glad we are not having an election until the Gomery report is over and done with.

As I stated in my prior posting I'm encouraged by Belinda Stronach. I want to mention that all those conservative politicians who made personal attacks on Ms. Stronach, calling her a "dip stick" or inferring she's a whore are real cock-slaps and don't deserve to represent their constituents.

However one politician made a statement which was not a personal attack and therefore I feel justified and I want to respond to this statement made by New Brunswick's Conservative Premier Bernard Lord. He mentioned that her action breeds cynicism of electors.
I disagree, what it demonstrates is the courage of individual who does not feel they must do what is dictated by their leader if it goes against what they feel is best for their constituents and country. I truly wish there were more leaders who would stand up for such convictions.

There are nations where politicians wish they could stand up to their leaders without the fear of harm. I am just glad I live in a country where, right or wrong someone like Ms. Stronach can take such an action. If anything it indicates to me that she is a person of great conviction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Search Popdex: