Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Done and Done!

SO on Sunday May 28th I participated in the first Giro Toronto, Bike race for Villa Charities.

I raised $783.00 just a little shy of my $1000.00 goal and the illustrious shirt!
But I respectable amount none the less!
I wanted to do the race in under 4 hours that was my goal, but I finished in 4 hours and 12 minutes. I blame my time on the guy who clocked me the day before by opening his car door and not looking to see me coming! As well I'm an idiot for not getting his info as my front wheel cost me $71 bucks to replace (shame).

It was a great day and a great event.
What I loved most about the day that in true Italian spirit, at every rest stop they had great food, albeit not riding appropriate food but when the spirit of the ride is Italian who cares if you should spray shit across the streets you are riding as long as you get that bowl of pasta and fagioli in you.

Here is what we had at the Rest stops:
Gelato
Espresso of course
Pasta e Fagioli
Caprese skewers
Panini
Macedonia di frutta
Polenta and sausage
and did I mention espresso?

Many thanks to all who helped me raise funds for this cause including the two celebrities Laura Branigan and Paul McCartney and his soon to be ex.
As well as:
Including:
Sean T
Michael C
Stefanie & Vince
Ass and Ball Cream Sponsor Mark D.
Brutach & Associates
Mauro & Stella
Billy K.
Belth
Kristine M
Natashia
Angela A
White Lipstick "where's my cardigan" girl from high school
Andrew D
Carla A
Laura Branigan
Carlos D
Lucy C
Lisa B
Angie S
Sonya
Angela A
Susan & Frank
Mom
Adriana S
Graham L.
Marylena
Danse Contact

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Search Popdex: