Monday, September 13, 2004

Sold Out!!

So my final show last night was sold out, they had to turn away 16 people. Which leads me to believe I would have had more people come to my fri and sat day shows if they werent at 4pm and 6pm. But regardless, we had a great show last night, the only thing that went wrong was I forgot the fucken programmes at home; shame so no one last night got to read my clever prose. There was a duo of older actors who did a show in the Imperial room called "Snippets" that was about like snippets of their lives. Unfortunately, neither myself, rob or leslie got to see "Snippets" and they were such lovely people and last night sitting in the front row of my show were the Snippet people in bright yellow t-shirts that said whatelse? Snippets on it. They were lovely and I almost cried having them there, well between telling the old broad she had a nice rack that is. I'm happy my last show was pact to capicity, and get this, I had 2 reviewers in my audience on the last day. What the fuck? Yup 2 people from various papers there on the last fucken day of my show. What are you gonna do...(sigh) Halifax. I closed my show with Chad (my 16 yr old music prodigy) singing "Farwell to Nova Scotia" with the audience clapping along, and me in my Sou'Western it was a thing of beauty. I should have gotten a photo I forgot I was having too much fun. Went out for dinner with the Doucettes and had a nice snickety snack at the Wooden Monkey where I first heard Chad play; his mother caught a napkin on fire it was crazy, we almost torched the place. I went home and crashed like a beast. I'm off to explore my final day in Hali!

cheers

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds so awesome, you're making me wish I were in Halifax! ;-(

xo CleverGirl

4:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr.Timpano,
Your show was amazing. I'd heard through word of mouth how funny and witty the whole thing was, and I'm very glad I got the opportunity to go. I was at the (quiet) Saturday show. Small crowds are more hesitant to laugh, but believe me, it was hilarious.
Anyone who didn't see it really missed out (suckers), it was awesome having your show in the Fringe. Even if some belly dancers covered over some posters - and you're right, that is bullshit. I found them over some of ours (for the play Out & About), and others' too. But their candle-dance got cancelled, so karma isn't a total bitch.
I wish you all the best in future endeavours, and I really hope you perform in Halifax again someday. Vito was way too good to just make a one-time performance!
-SJ

8:58 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Search Popdex: